Saturday, 15 October 2011
Friday, 14 October 2011
Wednesday, 12 October 2011
By earning the PMI-ACP, practitioners can:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in agile practices of project management.
- Increase their professional versatility in project management tools and techniques.
- Show they have the capacity to lead basic teams using agile principles and practices by holding a certification that is more credible than existing offerings based only on exams or training.
Posted by Star PMO at 23:59
The ACP Certification is the one which validates a practitioner’s ability to understand and apply agile principles and practices on basic projects.
The ACP Certification proves that a practitioner can select agile principles and practices as a project management approach based on the needs and demands of a specific project
Posted by Star PMO at 23:51
Tuesday, 11 October 2011
For PMP Exam:
- The Exam is 4 hours in duration, and has 200 questions.
- 25 of these are pre-test questions, which are not testable.
For CAPM Exam:
- The Exam is 3 hours in duration, and tests you on 150 questions,
- 15 of which are pre-test questions, not testable.
- The PMP Certificate is valid for the next 3 years from the date of passing the Exam.
- Candidate needs to collect another 60 PDUs to renew your PMP Certification for another 3 Years.
- Once the candidate passes the CAPM exam, it is valid for 5 years.
- Then the candidate can upgrade to the PMP Certification.
Posted by Star PMO at 04:39
For PMP Certification:
Exam fees for PMP is
- US$555 for Non Members,
- US$405 for Members.
For CAPM Certification:
Exam fees for CAPM is
- US$300 for Non Members,
- US$225 for Members.
For PMP certification:
- The candidate needs to have atleast a Bachelor’s Degree, and 4500 hours of experience in leading and managing projects.
- Candidate must have attended formal project management training for at least 35 hours.
- The candidate needs to have have a High School Diploma, can still sit for PMP certification, but experiencne requirements are incresed to 7,500 hours.
- The candidate need to have 35 contact hours of formal project management Training.
For CAPM Certification:
- The candidate needs to have Secondary Diploma/ High School Diploma and 1,500 hours of experience on a Project Team.
- Candidate with Diploma, who has also attended a formal training in Project Management for at least 23 hours, qualify to sit for the CAPM exam.
PMP (Project Management Professional) is for project managers with at least 3 years of experience leading & managing projects which means that they are active project managers who are familiar with the lifecycle of a project, have dealt with customers, stakeholders, and has complete a few project life cycles from beginning to the end.
CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management) is for people who are starting out in their career as Project Managers and have no experience in managing projects, or for people who are team members in a project, and want to demonstrate their project management knowledge.